Friday, March 9, 2012

umbrella bella

I am trying to catch up with the stamping bella forum challenges on Splitcoast stampers. This bella card is for bella friday challenge #8. The challenge was to use POLKA DOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a little overwhelmed because i have so much polka dot paper - I didn't know where to start! I decided to paperpiece the umbrella with my polka dot background paper to tie this whole look together. The image is stamped in momento black ink onto whisper white cs and colored in with my prisma markers. The cs base is SU violet and then the polka dot layer ontop is topped with another violet layer of cs and then the bella image. Isn't she just fabulous!?! Love ya!

5 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What a cute umbrella. You pieced it beautifully. I just hope for your sake that there are not too many spring showers where you are.

ddazzled71 said...

What a great card Heather. I love the paper pieced umbrella it ties in your image to the background beautifully. I love the colour of Bella's trenchcoat too!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great design for the polka-dot challenge!! I love the pretty purples!

Gardner's Basket said...

Great card! I love all the polka-dots.

Mary J said...

I love how you have framed this gorgeous gal, Heather! Love the papers too!