Sunday, February 6, 2011

TUIC challenge #2 - card


And this is the card that was created with the color inspiration from my fabulous sketchers shown below. I am so excited to have been able to participate in these TUIC challenges - I have had thoughts for them in my mind, just finding the time for creating them was so hard this month - the kids have had almost 2 weeks of consecutive snow days this month - so trying to work, and keep them entertained, and keep my sanity has been super difficlt - so no stamping or creative time for me :0(
My mom's birthday is this week, and we all met at her favorite restraunt/bakery today for brunch/lunch to celebrate. There was my mom and dad, then Jeff and I with our two beautiful kids, and my brother with his three kids - along with his new girlfriend with her 3 kids, so a total of 12 - needless to say brunch was a little bit of chaos - but the kids all did great! Any way - this was the card that I made to put with her bag of birthday goodies from my family.

The CS is SU melon mombo (an in color from last year - I think) with basic black and whisper white. The circles were punched with my giga cirls punches, and layered on top of the designer paper which is also a retired SU paper from my scraps basket. The stamp is also SU's giant cupcake - stamped in momento black ink and colored with my prisma markers. I don't think the picture shows off the bling very well, but the cupcake icing is very sparkly -cover in SU dazzling diamonds, and the cupcake paper was paper pieced with another scap of the retired DP from SU!

I am also using this cupcake to enter in the Party Time Tuesdays cupcake challenge going on now - click HERE to hop over and see the entries. Party Time Tuesdays challenge blog was closed in December - but is now open under new ownership of my fabulously creative blog friend Jen ( JAXBEANSTALKS)

No comments: