Sunday, May 27, 2007

Group Meeting


OK - the little guy is napping, and DD is playing quietly in her room for now so I thought I might be able to update the blog a little! Time seems to fly by lately, summer is definately here! For starters I was asked to demonstrate a technique at our group meeting this month - so I picked ghosting b/c I think its simple, but something different. I showed that ghosting can be done in two ways: one stamping with versamark ink which is how it is supposed to be done, and the other is stamping the images in black Staz On which I have seen a lot of lately. There were also 26 girls swapping at this meeting so I made my swap using the same technique so everyone could have it when they got home. I used the stamp set Crab and Co. from the spring mini catalog and stamped the images in black staz on ink, onto glossy white cardstock. Then I used sponge daubers to sponge on the almost amethyst, real red, and carmel ink colors to the card. I mounted the strip onto cool carribean cardstock, and stamped the snappy birthday saying in basic black. I thought it turned out tooooo cute!
Do you love it?
Love ya!
Heather

No comments: