Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Some swap samples


I mentioned that I have been up to my eyeballs in swaps, and that is whay I haven't been posting as much. I wanted you to see one of the swap cards that I have been working on. This card is for a swap on splitcoast using the polka dots and paisley set, which wasn't one of my favorites until I starting playing with it for this swap. It really is a cute stamp set! Anyway this is what I came up with. The bottom edge of the card was trimmed using the retired corner rounder punch - but can also be done using the scalloped punch. The main image was stamped on glossy card stock, and then after the ink dryed I rubbed versamark all over the cardstock and then applied irradescent ice embossing powder to the versamark. I embossed it to set, and viola - a very sparkly image. There is a tutorial for this technique over on splitcoast under techniques. The background paper was stamped with white craft ink using the small flower from the polka dots and paisley set.
I love it.
What do you think?

No comments: