Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Doodle that


Acute little stamp set that will be in the spring mini - doodle that. I got the idea for this card from several similar cards I have seen in the splitcoast gallery -the poster was mama bug. Here's a link to her card in the splitcoast gallery
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=482650. I made this card for a swap I am in using new stamps available in the spring mini catalog. It also uses the tag punches which I LOVE!!! I stamped the doodle flower on the very vanilla cardstock punched with the small tag punch. Then colored the flower using pixie pink, almost amathyst, sage shadow, and tempting turquoise markers. These were mounted on black cardstock punched with the large tag punch. I punched a small rectangle (using the rectangle hand punch) in the top of each of these tags and tied black gingham ribbon through the hole. I mounted these tags on almost amathyst cardstock which was stamped with the doodle flower in almost amathyst ink. I mounted this strip of amethyst cardstock onto a larger strip of black cardstock. Then I mounted all of this onto sage shadow cardstock which was stamped in sage shadow ink with the linen background stamp. I love this layout - and I love the look that the black cardstock and black gingham ribbon add to this card! What do you think?

No comments: